The mission of Episcopal Appalachian Ministries is to inspire, nurture, and affirm those who address the environmental, cultural, and social needs of the people of Appalachia. Affirming our commitment to proclaiming the good news of God’s realm, we engage in advocacy, education, networking, and grassroots ministries in the Appalachian region.
- A commitment to our Baptismal Covenant and vows
- Stewardship of God’s creation and the cultures of the people of Appalachia.
- A commitment to a strong and vital Episcopal presence in Appalachia and in the places where Appalachians have migrated.
We do this by…
- Educating the Church and community to the unique needs of the people of Appalachia through the annual Mountain Grace Conference.
- Helping the Church, individuals and groups find the resources needed to advocate for public policy issues affecting the people of Appalachia.
- Providing resources for new and ongoing ministries within the Appalachian region through the Appalachian Small Grants Initiative.
- Supporting missionary work in Appalachia through work camps and mission sites.
** You can still access the old website here**